- Sanctions and anti-money laundering
- [26/04/2013] A report has been issued by Financial Intelligence Unit in collaboration with HM Treasury, The Home Office and the Financial Services Authority, which aims to raise awareness on financial sanctions, specifically in relation to the Arab Spring.
- SOCA Guidance
- [18/02/2013] SOCA have issued guidance on submission of a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) and the process of obtaining ‘consent’. This replaces all previous similar guidance issued by SOCA, including the Top Ten Tips documents. MLRO’s should add these documents to their libraries.
- Suspicious Activity Reports - New guidance from SOCA
- [05/03/2012] SOCA have issued new guidance on the submission of suspicious activity reports and the process of obtaining "consent".
- Anti Money Laundering - National Crime Agency
- [30/09/2013] The new National Crime Agency (NCA) will ‘go live’ on Monday 7th October 2013.
- Revised guidance for auditors on money laundering
- [23/03/11] - The revised version of Practice Note 12 ‘Money Laundering – Guidance for auditors in the United Kingdom’ has been updated by the Auditing Practices Board (APB) to reflect the requirements of the Clarified ISAs.
- Frequently asked questions regarding ethics and money laundering from elsewhere on ACCA's global website.
- Money Laundering Regulations 2007
- The Money Laundering Regulations 2007 came into effect in the UK on 15 December 2007.
- Accountants and money laundering: a guide for UK practising firms
- [19/12/08] - This booklet provides a summary of guidance for ACCA practising members and their staff on their responsibilities as accountants with regard to money laundering and terrorist financing.
- HM Treasury's Financial Crime Team
- [23/10/08] - HM Treasury's Financial Crime Team has launched a new subscription service that will be of interest to all types of regulated firms under the Money Laundering Regulations 2007
- Anti-money guidance for the accountancy sector
- [18/09/08] - CCAB (the Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies) has issued a final version of its guidance on anti-money laundering procedures following approval from HM Treasury.
- Letters of Engagement
- [12/09/08] - Letters of engagement should be updated to reflect the new Anti-Money Laundering Regulations. ACCA has provided amendments to the clause in the ACCA standard letters of engagement.
- [31/07/08] - ACCA has prepared a flowchart to assist members in determining how they should be supervised under the new Money Laundering Regulations 2007. Check if authorisation is required under the new money laundering regulations with this flowchart.
- Revised Ethical Standards for auditors
- [30/06/08] - A summary of revisions to the APB 2008 Ethical Standards.
- Anti Money Laundering Regulations 2007 and ACCA members
- [01/01/08] - An overview of the supervisory regime as it applies to ACCA members under the New Money Laundering Regulations (NMLR) which came into force on 15 December 2007.
- Draft Supplementary Anti-Money Laundering Guidance for the Tax Practitioner
- [21/04/08] - Technical Factsheet 140 provides anti-money laundering guidance for tax practitioners.