- High Net Worth Individuals
- [22/01/09] - HMRC's special unit will be responsible for a small number of the most wealthy taxpayers and non-domiciled individuals.
- Schedule B11 covering tax credits work
- [11/03/09] - Following the release of the updated tax engagement letters in August 2008 the promised schedule B11 covering tax credits work has been issued.
- Non-domiciled individuals
- [22/01/09] - HMRC have published new guidance for non-domiciled individuals.
- New tax agreements with Liechtenstein
- [20/08/09] - HMRC have signed an agreement with Liechtenstein
- Withdrawal of 10 Extra Statutory Concessions
- [15/10/09] - HMRC has identified 10 ESCs that will be withdrawn
- The new compliance regime
- [24/09/09] - Penalties, record-keeping, compliance checks and HMRC Powers Taxpayer safeguards
- New penalties and appeals regime
- [24/09/09] - A collection of resources from ACCA UK looking at the new penalties and appeals regime.
- Keeping safe online
- [30/06/09] - HMRC publish new online security guidance.
- Employer-provided medical check-ups
- [22/01/09] - Employees will be exempt from tax and NIC on employer-provided medical check-ups.
- Tax: Why it Pays to be Organised
- [01/01/2009] - A new system of penalties for errors and omissions on tax returns has been introduced by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). Although the penalties themselves won’t be levied until after 1 April 2009, you need to act now to help your clients get organised and avoid a potential penalty.